What is the impact of mobile phones?

Fast Facts

  1. Each year, Australians discard about 8,000 tonnes of used batteries
  2.  97% of batteries are disposed of through normal rubbish collection points
  3.  Only 5% of the electricity used by a phone charger goes to power the phone. The other 95% is lost as “phantom load” when the charger is left plugged in - so unplug your phone charger when you’re not using it!

Files for downloading

External Link

Sorry: no external link provided

 

Queensland Government

RLF Programme

National Landcare Programme