National Landcare Program
The National Landcare Programme regional funding stream will invest $454 million through Australia’s 56 natural resource management organisations (NRM) over four years. This funding recognises the crucial role the 56 regional NRM organisations play in delivering NRM at a local and regional level.
Regional NRM organisations have a significant role in the Programme’s delivery, through regional funding, and are expected to:
- in collaboration with community, landcare and farming system groups, lead regional NRM planning and prioritisation of NRM activities to support environmental protection and sustainable agricultural practices
- deliver nationally important outcomes that assist Australia to meet its national and international obligations
- broker partnerships, collaborate with networks and support local stakeholders in delivery of regional NRM activities
- build local community and industry engagement, skills and capacity in NRM and sustainable agriculture
- support Indigenous participation in delivering NRM outcomes
- report NRM outcomes at a regional level and contribute to Programme reporting at the national level.
The Australian Government recently conducted a public consultation process on the design and delivery of the regional stream of the National Landcare Programme. For more information on the outcomes of the consultation and a summary of the feedback please see the Consultations page.