South West NRM is a profit-for-purpose enterprise that delivers game-changing environmental solutions in support of sustainable agriculture and the natural environment of our region, a globally recognised biodiversity hotspot. The organisation is also an incorporated association representing community landcare groups.
South West NRM is recognised by federal government as the peak natural resource management (NRM) organisation of the South West NRM region, delivering outcomes across a diverse landscape from Bunbury to Walpole and extending inland to Katanning, Dumbleyung and Narrogin. The organisation works collaboratively at a state and national level with a multitude of partners, including government, private enterprise, industry bodies, research institutes, NGOs, Aboriginal and other community groups.
An independent skills-based Board is responsible to the South West NRM Association and is the primary decision-making committee of a governance framework modelled on current best practice. South West NRM is seeking applications from individuals who meet the following requirements, for the election of one Director to the Board (a total of seven Directors) at the AGM in November 2023.
Extensive demonstrable knowledge, experience and/or qualifications in one or more of the areas below:
- Natural Resource Management (NRM); sustainable agriculture and/or environmental science, preferably with a strong understanding of the NRM issues of the South West NRM Region
- Financial and business management, including risk management
- Aboriginal culture and integrating the wellbeing of Aboriginal communities into outcomes driven by an organisation
- Communications, marketing, and public relations
- Business development and/or fundraising
- Management or oversight of government/public funding programs or similar
The organisation has a priority requirement for areas 1 and 2 above.
- Previous Board experience
- A resident of the South West NRM Region
This is a remunerated position with the expectation of attendance at the six annual Board meetings in Bunbury and attendance for Committee and/or other meetings as required. South West NRM actively encourages diversity on the board and throughout the organisation.
Candidates must be capable of obtaining a directors ID number and must have obtained this number prior to appointment.
At the time of election as a South West NRM Board Director, candidates must not hold office or membership of a South West NRM Association Member organisation.
How to apply
An application pack and instructions can be forwarded to you by contacting Jodie Rowell at [email protected] using the subject line: Non-Executive Director of the Board of Management – Bunbury.
Your application will consist of:
- CV outlining expertise and experience
- A candidate statement – not exceeding 500 words
The candidate statement must address the selection criteria and describe professional skills and personal qualities that would contribute to the Board and provide details of any actual, perceived, or potential conflicts of interest.